Create a Dreamwidth Account
Site and Account
Reload page in style:
2015-05-21 03:30 pm (UTC)
I've no tips on the digital side of things, but in case it's useful here are some things to think about on the paper side:
- newspaper is very cheap and acidic (this is why it goes yellow and crumbly as it gets older)
- it's therefore best if you glue it to non-acidic archival paper, rather than just standard printer paper
- it also helps to preserve it if you keep it in stable conditions, eg keeping it in a box (stable microclimate) in a cool place out of direct sunlight, maybe with some silica sachets to keep it dry
- PVA is probably the most convenient useful glue to use, unless you feel like making your own from flour and water (not very difficult, and you can freeze it in small batches)
- if you're feeling really keen, you could wash the newspaper in a slightly alkaline solution first: float it carefully in a flat pan of liquid, then dry flat. If you want to try this, let me know: I've got some magic non-stick stuff that you can lay it on to dry that I can post you!
Thread from start
This account has disabled anonymous posting.
You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address.
Sign in using OpenID
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
This account is set to log the IP addresses of people who comment anonymously.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
croydon fun weekend
Save the date: Croydon Fun Weekend, Fri 26-Sun 28 January 2018
Calling all London (and London-adjacent) queer programmers!
Black or White with Colour
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags
Top of page